So whoever has the voodoo doll of me, can give it a rest at anytime. I will publicly say I apologize for whatever I have done to upset you or cause you any grief. Seriously. Enough.
Normally, I don’t moan & whine on this blog. However, since I am president & CEO of I should be washing clothes.com, I will be putting some information out there to my peeps that love & care about me, THAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE I LAST BLOGGED.
- On Monday last week, I was at watching Miss Neenee at basketball practice when my aunt called me & said I needed to go see about my dad. He was at a funeral home visitation, for a classmate, & started acting strange. To make a long story short, he was & is still having mini strokes. He also has a blood clot in his heart.
- Some good information to know about Medicare is, unless you are actively in the midst of a major medical situation (having strokes is not considered major, go figure), you have a short 3 night stay in the hospital. Then you are, O-U-T spells out goes he, on your bum. No exceptions.
- We found out this delightful Medicare will allow you to go to “rehab” & stay. Which “rehab” is a fancy word for nursing home. They could call it the “most wonderful & magical place on the planet”, it’s still a nursing home. So, Daddy is currently in “rehab” for therapy.
- My daughter had her baby! Yay babies! He is just a little bundle of joy. He is as sweet as can be. His big sister LOVES to hold him. Hopefully, we won’t find him in the washing machine, per her usual of putting things she loves in there.
- We got to keep my baby grandgirl whilst her mama went to have the baby. #funtimes, #canttelleverythingthathappened, #grandkidsarethebest, #grandshouseiswhereitsat
- Got confirmation, someone at my house, is having surgery very soon. Not saying who it is, but he’s not looking forward to it. 😦
- I have the BEST family in the world. They all have gone out of their way to help us out, with Daddy & my daughter. It’s a true blessing to have such a close knit family.
- Much to my dismay, I have had to miss some work. I also have some of the BEST co-workers in the world. They took care of everything while I took care of my family. Didn’t have to worry about ne’er a thing. Insert GOOD FEELING here.
- There was a bomb threat, in the school district, where my daughter goes to school. They got out early that day. Thank the Lord she got home safe & sound & no one was hurt. Nonsense. Pure nonsense.
- Last night, in a whirlwind of getting ready for bed, I put some cream on my face. I thought it was some I had used before. However, I didn’t recall all the tingling it was doing. I finally got it all rubbed off & today, I look like I have chicken pox. (Or at least that’s what our custodian, at work, told me I looked like.) Painful & burning. All day today. While I am typing, it is burning. That cream was promptly thrown in the garbage. Not a fan of the “burn” cream.
So, one may wonder, “What kind of mental state is a person in, after a week of unusual happenings?” All I can think is at the end of the day God is in control. Job 2:10 says Shall we indeed accept good from God & shall we not accept adversity? I have so many blessings in my life. Daily blessings. I can’t forget that, while I have these other unfortunate things happening. I am so thankful for our new grandson. I am thankful for the knowledgeable doctors & nurses that attend to my Daddy. I am thankful for all the friends & family that have called, texted, visited, messaged me, & just plain ol’ been there for us. When I think of those things I think of the amazing & remarkable love of the Lord. He has come right in & made things that seem bleak look hopeful. For all these things I am humbled & I so treasure the great God I serve.
I hope you all have had a good week. If not, remember, daylight’s coming. It can’t stay dark forever. Until next time, I have to be going because I should be washing clothes.