As you may already know, I love to pray. I love prayer. I believe without prayer, we are helpless. I try to show the little ones in my Wednesday night Bible class how important prayer is. We have a prayer pail, where we put the names of people we want to pray for on popsicle sticks. Then, each child draws a stick out of the pail. When they read the name on the stick, that’s who they pray for. I enjoy this activity because it gives the class an opportunity to lift others up in prayer. I especially like to hear who the kids are concerned about. We have all kinds of prayer requests. One of my favorites came from a little boy, who obviously has a tender heart. One Wednesday night, as the kids were getting settled in, I asked the question,
“Does anyone have someone, they know of, that needs prayer?”
This little boy answered, “Lightning McQueen! Because those other cars really get after him.”
Just thinking about this makes me smile. My little Bible student understood the concept of asking Jesus to help. He knew if he went to Jesus in prayer, he was making a wise choice. In our class, we do pray for actual people. Even though, we have also been known to pray for a flying squirrel, too. Hey, if you had of heard the sad story of how sick this squirrel was, you would have been praying along with us. These kids have the kindest hearts. They know Jesus will take care of whatever they ask. They trust in Him. That’s all any of us should strive to do.
Matthew 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
Prayer is comforting. Last night, I got a text message from a sweet friend that simply said,
“I’ve been thinking of you & praying for you.”
That automatically made me happy & feel good inside. Like chocolate gravy & biscuits good! You see, just knowing I am thought of & loved is a wonderful feeling only Jesus can give.
On another random note- not that ya’ll care, but I have a little list of things, I have written down in the past few weeks, that may or may not have to do with the fact I ran out of hormones. These are in no certain order of how I have felt about some events in my life. You may or may not agree with them, but here is the list titled :
You Know What I Think?
1. I think if you are in the passing lane you should pass.
2. I think blinkers are put on vehicles for reasons.
3. I think some middle school teachers should rethink their career path.
4. I think people should do more of what I say & less of what they think is a good idea.
5. I think 15 lbs of corn meal would make a big pone of cornbread.
6. I think spoken words should be put off until later on in the morning.
7. I think coffee doesn’t judge me. Coffee understands.
8. I think folks should be thankful for what they have instead of trying to ruin it for everybody else.
9. I think people could use some of the time they spend checking Facebook to read scripture on their Bible app.
10. I think your mood should not dictate your manners.
I hope everyone is having a good week. We have had some lower temperatures in northeast Mississippi this week. We have our hayride at church Saturday night. It should be lots of fun. Until then, I should be going because I should be washing clothes.
photo credit: photoswithquotes, Disney, pinterest