I read some disturbing news today, y’all. We have 100 days left in this year. Lord have mercy, where in the world did 2016 go? If you had anything you wanted to do in 2016, you’d better hurry. Time is not waiting for anyone.
That got me to thinking. What do I need to accomplish in the rest of my time in 2016? My thoughts went from DIY projects at home that I need to do, to family get togethers I need to plan, to work goals I need to get together. But when I think more seriously about this, I think, What does God want me to accomplish in the remaining time of 2016? Here is a list of things I believe are noteworthy-
- Surrender to Jesus. What I mean by this is if we humble ourselves to do more listening & obeying, then so much of our lives will just fall into place. It’s so hard sometimes to take a step back & just give it all to the Lord -all the worries, uncertainties, stress, & problems in life, that we face. I truly believe, we just need to lay it all at the feet of Jesus. Then & only then will we be at peace. (Phil. 4:7)and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.(NKJV)
- Forgive. Forgive others. Forgive ourselves. Just forgive. Instant load lightened right there. (Matt. 6:15) But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (NKJV)
- Love so much it hurts. If you have never totally put yourself completely out there, to love others, boy you are missing out. From someone who has been divorced, lost a parent, lost close family members, & have had some strained relationships- I can say I am still glad that I love people. (John 15:13) Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (NKJV)
- Walk in the Spirit. How’s your prayer life? How’s your daily Bible study time, going? If you can’t answer “Amazing!” or “Remarkable!” to either of these, then before 2016 is out, make a change. How can we expect to walk in the Spirit, if we don’t give the Spirit any of our time? If we are walking in the Spirit, then we have less opportunity to let matters of the flesh in. I know when I have my mind on Jesus, I have less time to give other things any part of my time. (Acts 9:31) Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied. (NKJV)
- Be faithful. You can tell so much about a person by what they are faithful in. Let’s make sure we are faithful in the Word. God has so much to offer us. Faithfulness is going all in for the long haul. Look at everything the Lord has done for us. We can show our love and appreciation by our obedience & faithfulness to Him. (Rev. 2:10) …Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. (NKJV)
I’m so glad you stopped by to visit with me today. I heard on the radio, this morning, that today is the 1st day of fall. I’m ready for the weather to be showing out. We need some cooler temps, that’s for sure! Hope you are having a blessed week. Until next time, I have to be going, because I should be washing clothes.
photo creds: strawberries.ces.ncsu.edu, Britney @ The Princess & Her Cowboys, Jane.com