I don’t know about you, but I am always up for some encouragement. Paul, with Total Safety Services, sent a email, to all his subscribers, with the 7 Rules of Life lessons. I am in that group. Thanks Paul, for this great list of rules, to remind us to take inventory of how we are handling life.
Here are the list of rules, that I have added scriptures to (and maybe a few other words):
- Let it go. Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad day in the past. Brethren, I do not count myself to have [d]apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14 NKJV)
- Ignore them. Don’t listen to negative people. Live a life that’s empowering to you. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20 NKJV)
- Give it time. Time heals everything. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, (I Peter 5:6 NKJV)
- Don’t compare. The only person you should try to beat is the person you were yesterday. So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. (Romans 14:12 NKJV)
- Stay calm. It’s okay not to have everything figured out. Know that in time, you will get there. I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. (Psalms 40:1 NKJV)
- It’s on you. Only you are in charge of your happiness. You are president & CEO of your life. If things aren’t working out, look inward, then upward. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV)
- Smile. Life is short. Enjoy it while you have it. whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. (James 4:14 NKJV)
Y’all. That thing you have been so worried about & stressed about? God is working on it. The Lord works behind the scenes for us all the time. Ain’t you glad we serve a Savior like that? I know I am.
Thank you for stopping by to visit. We have certainly been hunkered down since the mean, stupid Covid continues to hang around. I hope you & your loved ones are staying safe as possible. And by the way, Covid, if you are reading this, you are not welcome here. Go away & take all your drama with you. I have been praying for you. But you better count yourself lucky, let me just tell you, if my Mama Boyce were here, she’d get a switch to you. Until next time, I have to be going, because I should be washing clothes.
photo credits: wishesmsg.com, jengkie.tumblr.com, bibleversestag.com