I’m not sure if you make New Year’s Resolutions or not. I always bust mine wide open by about week 2. I have always felt like such a failure with my resolutions. Because of that, for the past several years I have made a One Word Resolution.
One Word is a word you remember, pray about, pay attention to, & is basically your courage key to make yourself better in the new year.
This year my One Word is FOCUS.
What does that mean? It means, in 2018, I will discipline myself to focus intentionally on my life. I will focus on my work. I will focus on what the Lord is wanting me to learn in all situations. I will focus on others. I will look deeper into God’s Word and FOCUS.
So, who’s with me? I will tell you, if you want to be a better version of you. If you want to have a plan in the forefront of your mind. If you want to have your life changed, this is for you. This little plan has done all of that for me. Come on & join me in One Word! What have you got to lose?
Here are some other One Words I have had in the past-
I am so glad you came by to visit with me today. I hope you are having a blessed week. Until next time, I have to be going because I should be washing clothes.
If you want to read more about One Word, click here.
I have some good news to bring to y’all today.
Public Service Annoucement:
You are the President & CEO of your life.
You are the direct product of the choices you make. A friend of mine sent a safety email out at work with the following thought:
Here are 5 things to take you to some better choices, in the new year:
- Pray about it. How about taking it to the Lord before you take it anywhere else. Be sure to realize He is the One to help make things happen. He can give you strength & courage, when you don’t know what you are supposed to be doing. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:6 (NKJV)
- Make a list. I am a list person. If I want to tackle a certain situation, I have to list out everything I need to do to get there. A wise man once called this a “critical path”. When I would bring things to my former boss, to help me figure it out, he would say, “What is your critical path?” That’s when the list making would begin. I like to think of it as the old saying, if you want to eat an elephant how do you do it? One bite at a time. You speak of having plans and power for war; but they are mere words. And in whom do you trust, that you rebel against me? II Kings 18:20 (NKJV)
- Gather your team. You can’t do everything by yourself. AHEM, I said, YOU CAN’T DO EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF. This is a hard pill to swallow for someone as stubborn, hard headed, subject to resist change type person I am. But y’all. It’s so true. Many a great people have a team. Do you think the president of the United States runs this country on his own? Do you think your elders or deacons run the church without help? NO! No one is an island. Get your people together. Tell them your plan. They may have already walked the road you are going down & can give GREAT advice. The Lord may just be waiting to fill your life with good using someone else. “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. Isaiah 55:8 (NKJV)
- Put your plans in action. So many people are crippled by fear. So many people don’t finish because they don’t start. Don’t let this be you. Find some way to make things happen. You never know, others may be encouraged by you & start doing some things, as well! Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31 (NKJV)
- Pat yourself on the back. Hey, if you don’t appreciate how far you have come or where you are going, no one else will. You can’t depend on others for your happiness. You have to make it. Be proud of yourself. Others will be, too.Ya’ll, let’s make 2018, the best year ever. God wants to help you. All you have to do is ask. But you need to have a plan. The Lord feeds the birds, but He does not throw the worms up in the nest! For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. II Thessalonians 3:10(NKJV)
I hope everyone is having a blessed 2018. We had our collard greens, hog’s jowl, & blackeyed peas. We are ready for the new year. Bring it on, 2018! Until next time I have to be going because I should be washing clothes.
Psalms 84: 11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.(NKJV)
Some sweet faces for your viewing pleasure.